“What, do you imagine that I would take so much trouble and so much pleasure in writing, do you think that I would keep so persistently to my task, if I were not preparing - with a rather shaky hand - a labyrinth into which I can venture, in which I can move my discourse, opening up underground passages, forcing it to go far from itself, finding overhangs that reduce and deform its itinerary, in which I can lose myself and appear at last to eyes that I will never have to meet again.
I am no doubt not the only one who writes in order to have no face. Do not ask who I am and do not ask me to remain the same: leave it to our bureaucrats and our police to see that our papers are in order. At least spare us their morality when we write.” –Michel Foucault

Feb 12, 2013

Grandfatherly Advice to a Young Woman trying to get Laid on OKCupid



The part about being "more old-fashioned" than most is off-putting but, other than that, you seem like the slutty grand-daughter I never had. I might be able to find a use for you in my life if you are at all interested. If not, take the ***** rating as an Ebert review from an old fart who finds you much more interesting than you find him. This happens a lot whenever I get in a "hope springs eternal" sort of mood and contact a breasted-life-form under the age of 30. Believe it or not, I was Cougar-bait back when I was your age. It never occurred to me as I basked in the splendor in those golden, unproductive years to ask myself what I was going to do once all the women old enough to be my mom were either dead or so afraid of death that they had found Jesus and/or lost permanent control of their bladders. Have a nice day. If you feel the need for grandfatherly advice, try to always save string and never eat anything bigger than your head. Following these simple rules have not always kept my life happy but at least I'm not dead yet and still have control over my bladder even with my asymmetrical prostrate and all. In the long run, it’s the little things that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And what are YOUR words?